PS3 Flashes to Blank screen on Homebrew
What model number is your PS3?
What firmware is your PS3 on?
Is it a hardware problem?
Is it a software problem?
Could be either??
Have you tried searching the forum for someone experiencing the same problem before posting?
I couldn't find anything related
Describe your problem:
I recently bought a PS3 with a missing bluray and effed up the motherboard downgrading. I replaced the motherboard with a not married daughterboard. I installed the used motherboard and it came with 3.55 OFW. I immediately installed Kmeaw with bluray skip patched(did not use geohot's jailbreak). After doing so I was able to install pkgs. Every time I try to start homebrew apps the screen flashes to a black screen and the PS3 hangs there. When I insert my game it shows the title and the background changes but when I run it the ps3 flashes to a black screen. With a dvd inserted the ps3 attempts to start then says "region code is incorrect."
What have you tried to do to resolve this issue yourself:
1. I have attempted to reinstall Kmeaw. This time I reinstalled Kmeaw with the bluray drivers (even though it's not married). Nothing changed.
2. I have tried a hundred times to use psp jig(both the original and a modified version), but have been unable to get the PS3 into FSM. The right port and the left sometimes just to mix it up. I also tried to run FSM homebrew app but that obviously doesn't work because none of the homebrew does.
Since I can't go into FSM I can't remarry my bluray.
3. QA Toggle won't run because it's a homebrew app so I can't be sure if the motherboard was dehashed if it had been downgraded.(Motherboard used from ebay)
I'm at a loss as to what to do.
1. Should I go back to 3.55 OFW and use geohot to jailbreak then install Kmeaw?
2. Is not having BDemu on my console the problem? I need to install this and run so homebrew apps can launch?
3. The motherboard might have been downgraded and then not dehashed, could this be the issue? Or it might have been a Dex and converted to Cex and that's the issue?
4. Do I need to use my progskeet?