Originally Posted by brakk3n
Not so long ago it took a bit of smarts to be a part of a console modification scene. You couldn't just download a free file, follow a simple 5 step tutorial and then go find torrents.
Let me do it in 3 step (and most can be outsourced too):
* solder 5 wires, install PIC modchip, done.
* Install freemcboot with HDL/swapmagic, done.
* Make selfbootable, done.
* Install Xeno-GC, Viper GC, Qoob SX/Pro, Ripper or DuoQ - (6 points max), done
* Install Xecuter 3/3CE, Xenium Blue/ICE/Gold, SmartXX, X-Chip, X-Lite, X-Changer or SpiderGX, done.
* HBC on it, add cIOS for USB loader, done.
Perfectly emulateable on above consoles, so no need for modding them (but even that would also still be possible):
* Magnavox Odyssey
* Fairchild Channel F.
* Atari 2600
* Magnavox Odyssey 2 / Philips G7000
* Emerson Arcadia 2001
* Bally Astrocade
* Atari 5200
* Nintendo Entertainment System
* Atari 7800
* Sharp X68000
* Sega SG-1000/SG-1000 Mark II
* Sega Mark III/Master System
* Commodore Vic20
* Commodore 64
* Commodore 16
* Amstrad CPC
* NEC PC Engine
* Super Nintendo Entertainment System
* SNK Neo Geo
* PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16/TurboGrafx
* Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
So, other than reposting a bunch of random, unrelated stuff from other people, what do you have to contribute?