Join Date: Aug 2012
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installing Rogero CEX-4.30 v2.05
I want to install Rogero CEX-4.30 v2.05, right now I am on Kmea 3.55
I have base 3.55 slim model .
I have never upgraded model. Just have install CFW.
Please guide me on how to do it.
My main concerns are:
1) If I upgrade my current back ups and their save games will be ruined or stay intact ?
2) I do not have hard ware flasher , so what care I should take?
3) Do I need to worry about QA toggle thing ?
4) What are other necessary check points/cares to be taken ?
1) dont worry you wont loose any backups or anything its like a windows service pack update
2) no since youre on kmeaw cfw 3.55 you can install with a fat32 formatted usb-drive rogeros cfw 3.55 v2.05 (X:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP)
a hardware flasher is needed to access the deep firmware and do what you want with it (for example to downgrade from ofw 4.31 to ofw 3.55)
3) naahh if you enable QA flag and youre on cfw you are able to downgrade to the lowest fw you ps3 is possible is to
but if you want to have 1% less risk i'd install toggle_qa
when you start it you ps3 should restart and beep 3 times
4) its safiest to use the recovery menu
get your ps3 as usual to standby mode
finger on power button until it beeps -> beeps again -> beeps again -> turns off (not kidding you have to do it)
finger again on power button until it beeps -> beeps again -> double beeps