Join Date: Jun 2012
Liked 44 Times in 22 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Iris Manager v2.20
Estwald has released a new version that increase disc-less compatibility with a functional or non-functional BDVD drive.
My native language is spanish, but I don't understand many things of the new changes
, but here we go:
Iris Manager v2.20:
- New payload v8 that deletes the syscall 36 and use the syscall 8 for redirections. The syscall 8 works in a hidden way in applications, respecting, with this method, other use that has the syscall 8 in certain firmwares (LV1 Peek)
- Added Multiman method for disc-less from /app_home (thanks to Deank for commenting how it works). This increases the compatibility.
- Added patched explore_plugin.sprx method to launch the games from /dev_bdvd when selecting /app_home/PS3_GAME. This method connects when "Without BDVD Controller" is selected and requires that patched module on each CFW (see explore_plugin_notes.txt within patch_tools_libfs_exploreplugin.rar). Grid is a game that works with this method.
- Fixed all (****ing) mounting problems and of other kind, like the authentication of discs using as base CFW 3.41, 3.55, 4.21 and 4.31 (yes, I've been on all of them)
- Now HDD0 mounts are safer, both for the method how it can be accessed only "/dev_bdvd" in reading.
- Added ability to restart by pressing TRIANGLE on the main screen
- Iris Manager now works in two ways, thinking about those who have BDVD operational unit and on those that don't have one.
- New homelaunc1 (must be installed because the old one will not work)
- Added in "Tools" one new option "With/Without BDVD Controller. This is one new option thinking in 4.31 CFW Miralatijera: you can launch PSX games if you have this problem, but it requires one special BDVD mounting and patches in developing from Miralatijera to work. If you BDVD controller works, don't use this option
This is a summary of the disc operating modes:
- With controller, not only asks "Yes" if a disc is required, it blocks /app_home routes too. This may prevent it from interfering with games.
- Without Controller: obviously, a disc is not required, but if you select "No" /app_home will be routed (some games has trophies bug, if this option is not set to "No"). The HDD0 mounting, if needed, is write-protected.
- Mount BDVD: connects libfs_patched.sprx if is present and mount the device as a /dev_bdvd unit. Without controller: is the most compatible option, especially with the "Required Disc" to "No". With controller, disc is required (but not cancel /app_home by itself)
-LIBFS: simply connects the module and redirects the game to /dev_bdvd and /app_home if applicable. Without controller is less compatible than "Mount BDVD". With controller, disc is required (but not cancel /app_home by itself)
- Off: simply redirects the game to /dev_bdvd and /app_home if applicable. It can work with or without disc, depending on the game
- With BDVD controller: To work with or without disc. In mounting options uses USB drives or in the case of HDD0 use a patch on /dev_ps2disc. When activated, it goes to the XMB (to be activated on reenter)
- Without controller BDVD: HDD1 is mounted in its place. When activated, the unit is expelled if a disc is inside.
NOTE: There should be no disc in this mode. without controller mode works well without reader (mine is unplugged right now [laughs +]) in 4.31 CFW Miralatijera with bdemu flag on.
In "Without controller" mode when a disc is required, It seek to connect explore_plugin.sprx that can be easily prepared by extracting from the flash, following notes of the txt:
Without explore_plugin patched you can not connect /app_home/PS3_GAME with /dev_bdvd and the mode is useless
The explore_plugin is used to launch games from /dev_bdvd in disc ausence.
The CFW 4.31 Miralatijera includes the flag "bdemu" to work without BDVD controller, but you
need also one path to launch the games: this is the path
- extract /dev_flash/vsh/module/explore_plugin.sprx using FTP or from PUP
- Copy to the patch_explore_plugin.bat folder explore_plugin.sprx, scetool (scetool.exe, zlib1.dll
and folder "data" with the appropriate key)
- In the case of CFW 3.41 use patch_explore_plugin_for_3.41.bat because it patch the game category
to debug too
- Run patch_explore_plugin.bat or patch_explore_plugin_for_3.41.bat as the case
- Rename explore_plugin_patched.sprx as explore_plugin_341.sprx, explore_plugin_355.sprx,
explore_plugin_355dex.sprx, explore_plugin_421.sprx, explore_plugin_421dex.sprx, explore_plugin_430.sprx
or explore_plugin_431.sprx to correspond with the firmware
- Repeat: explore_plugin must to correspond with the firmware!!!
- Copy the explore_plugin to Iris Manager folder (/dev_hdd0/game/IMANAGER4)
- Enable BD-Emu options in Iris Manager "Without BDVD Controller" (press START, Tools) to work.
With preference, uses "Mount BDVD" option because it moves the game to the root of the device
(don´t worry, the fake /dev_bdvd device is write protected)
Last edited by esmjanus; 03-03-2013 at 10:36 AM.