Join Date: Oct 2010
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to setup Xlink Kai with COD: Black Ops ^_^
How to setup xlink kai for Black ops with multiplayer
First I would like to mention what a great job Spok did with his tutorial on xlink kai. I'm not trying to steal his thunder, but am only trying to help those who still are having issues getting Black Ops to work. (We need more people online ^_^)
1. Download and install the xlink kai v188.8.131.52
2. Make sure you have the correct patch to the region of your game for multiplayer support.
3.Once your region game of Black Ops is installed (BLES01031=Eur, BLUS30591=USA.....) apply your patch to the correct folder you saved it in (GAMEZ/BLES01031/PS3_GAME/Insert patch files here) Alternatively you can drag/drop the folder ps3_game into this directory and overwrite files.
5.Turn off your ps3 system
6. Turn on your console in "Retail" mode not jailbreak. You should get the DNS error on the top right-hand part of your screen.
7. Set your wireless function to "wired", "Easy"
8. Turn off your console.
9. Turn on your console in "Jailbreak" mode.
10. Check to see if your console connected properly in Kai. (for those not familiar with this program you can do this by clicking the magnifying lens in the upper left corner)
11. If your connection is good and the mac address of your ps3 is highlighted in blue, then your good to go .
12. Fire up your Call of Duty: Black Ops, go into multiplayer. Click Lan as your choice, and you may either join or create your own session.
13. If you see anything in the lobby then your setup is complete and working properly.
**This is a "wired" setup, and I use two cat5 cables from both my laptop and ps3, to my router**
Special thanks goes out to TheNewMallard of whom originally created this very helpful tutorial, and whom without help I would not be able to play online through xlink kai.
Here is the link to the original tutorial: http://ps3-cod-blackops.webs.com/
By the way, those of you who play Back Ops online know me by the name of STR4T0V4R1US.
Last edited by Msparky83; 12-05-2010 at 08:51 PM.