Join Date: Dec 2012
Liked 204 Times in 107 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Tutorial/Help] Basic Do's And Do NOT's Of vWii Modding - Wii U Hax
¬*has released tips on modding ¬*vWii, here is a quote from the source:
Safe (should be ok to run without worry):
- homebrew that does not install anything or require installation, or even better, ones that do not write to NAND at all
Potential risk of brick but still more or less doable¬*(make sure you have a NAND backup, or at the very least a key dump from the modified xyzzy + hardware programmer):
- Installing channel wads¬*(same reason as on regular Wii, mainly only if they have a bad banner or something, otherwise if they are confirmed ok, then they should be safe)
- Installing non-critical system parts, like game IOS, patched IOS, or cIOS into unused slots, as long as they are installing vWii versions for vWii, regular Wii versions for regular Wii¬*(they are not used by System Menu and should be fine to remove and reinstall if you screw them up)
Will brick if you do it wrong, you can do these BUT only do if you know EXACTLY what you are doing:¬*(a NAND dump, and at the very least a xyzzy key dump + hardware programmer will be the ONLY thing to save you if you screw up, due to no bootmii as boot2 on vWii)
- Modifying System Menu IOS in any way¬*(is currently IOS80)
- Modifying vWii System Menu in any way
- Modifying other things like titles 1-512 and 1-513¬*(again, only if you know what they are and how to change them properly, which I do not know¬*¬*)
DO NOT do, this stuff is just plain stupid and confirmed as not working and brick causing:
- Installing regular Wii IOS on vWii.¬*Installing non-critical IOS will result in those IOS having very limited functionality and crashing very easily, installing old System Menu IOS (IOS 80 atm) will cause vWii to brick.
- Installing vWii IOS on regular Wii.¬*This actually seems worse than the inverse. While Wii IOS maybe actually load up on vWii but still crash when trying anything, vWii IOS on regular Wii will not work at all. Also, users have reported very strange Wii bricks (among them being myself and FIX94) from installing vWii IOS on them, even non-critical ones… I have no clue why they do this, but new IOS for new hardware, there has got to be a reason somewhere.
- Installing older IOS, or stub IOS, or deleting IOS that you do not enough about.
- Trying to do or install anything at all if you do not know what you are doing, seriously, read up and learn about everything before attempting to mod anything, this should be a given!
To read the full article and keep be kept up to date, visit the link below, make sure you bookmark the link as i wont be updating this post:
Basic Do’s and Do NOT’s of vWii modding
For Full Story Click This Link ---> http://bit.ly/UXr5h6
Author Of Story GregoryRasputin