Page 551 of 555 FirstFirst Previous ... 51 451 501 541 549 550 551 552 553 ... Next LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 5547

Thread: Ultimate Fool Proof Guide: Ps3 Hardware Downgrading

  1. #5501
    brendanssound
    brendanssound is offline
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    18
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    yeah sorry should have mentioned i did know that guide didn't say to press the PS Button.. i was just wondering if you do.. was it meant to load to that next screen asking to install 4.78 firmware or higher?

    Anyway, i had attempted to load into service mode (Teensy in USB slot, press the power button then eject button) It's just not working for me..Teensy never goes green, it just stays on a black screen for long time then eventually boots to that "Connect controller and press PS button" screen.. followed by the above mentioned "install some firmware" screen.

    This led me to think maybe it can't boot to service mode because it has no firmware now and that might not be what's meant to happen.. If that makes sense?

    Also wanna note i only just saw the post above mine about having a blank PS3 hard drive.. I was going to upgrade anyway so i'm going to format that now while i wait for a reply..

    Thanks for your time helping out so far btw


    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #5502
    Sidewinder_2011
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • View Forum Threads
    Sidewinder_2011 is online now
    Sidewinder_2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12,717
    Likes
    3,376
    Liked 3,741 Times in 2,553 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    219
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanssound View Post
    yeah sorry should have mentioned i did know that guide didn't say to press the PS Button.. i was just wondering if you do.. was it meant to load to that next screen asking to install 4.78 firmware or higher?

    Anyway, i had attempted to load into service mode (Teensy in USB slot, press the power button then eject button) It's just not working for me..Teensy never goes green, it just stays on a black screen for long time then eventually boots to that "Connect controller and press PS button" screen.. followed by the above mentioned "install some firmware" screen.

    This led me to think maybe it can't boot to service mode because it has no firmware now and that might not be what's meant to happen.. If that makes sense?

    Also wanna note i only just saw the post above mine about having a blank PS3 hard drive.. I was going to upgrade anyway so i'm going to format that now while i wait for a reply..

    Thanks for your time helping out so far btw
    Why not downgrade via nofsm way ,


    My Twitter . - If anyone asks you for your nor/nand dump. Don't give it to them, just report it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. The Following User Likes This Post:

    baileyscream

  4. #5503
    brendanssound
    brendanssound is offline
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    18
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Probably a stupid question but how would i do that?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #5504
    baileyscream
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • View Forum Threads
    baileyscream is offline
    –☺ẘη❡ґaḓεґ baileyscream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    0100110
    Posts
    4,713
    Likes
    1,285
    Liked 2,475 Times in 1,358 Posts
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Downloads
    38
    Uploads
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanssound View Post
    Probably a stupid question but how would i do that?
    By following the nofsm steps in the guide

    Basically you use norpatcher to patch nofsm instead of 3.55 fsm patch
    Flash it back
    Rebuild PS3
    Put PS3 into recovery mode (not fsm)
    Select option 6
    Install ferrox 4.81 for example (rebug won't install in recovery)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #5505
    brendanssound
    brendanssound is offline
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    18
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    So i had a go.. and it would appear I got my story a bit wrong

    Norpatch (even the 0.7 version) is the program saying my dump is BAD
    PS3DumpChecker (Newest version) says my dump is GOOD

    hrmm... Ps3DumpChecker (newest version) does ask me if I want to patch.. I say yes.. But it just says "Done" next.. rather then bring up a CMD box with Rogero etc

    I'm sure the version in the guide works differently.. but all the programs are so outdated I don't know if I can rely on them.

    So... basically if I wanna use norpatch I need to definitely assume something is wrong with wiring?

    Or can I proceed with the patched (apparently) version made by PS3Dumpchecker? (that's how I did it last time)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #5506
    baileyscream
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • View Forum Threads
    baileyscream is offline
    –☺ẘη❡ґaḓεґ baileyscream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    0100110
    Posts
    4,713
    Likes
    1,285
    Liked 2,475 Times in 1,358 Posts
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Downloads
    38
    Uploads
    9

    Ultimate Fool Proof Guide: Ps3 Hardware Downgrading

    Norpatcher checks 99% of the readable dump
    If it says bad then reinstall ofw twice via recovery menu then re-dump
    This way you know both ros areas are not corrupted on the nor chip and any further bad reports are probably the results of a bad dump

    It's always best to be safe than sorry

    Dump checker doesn't use rogero patcher anymore. It's always had it's own built in patcher (default was rogeros) but now with rogero no longer releasing PS3 cfw's and tools dumpchecker just uses its own patcher

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. The Following User Likes This Post:

    Pe1ikan0

  9. #5507
    brendanssound
    brendanssound is offline
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    18
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    yeah...,uh think I bricked it.

    I had it in Recovery mode (finally got that to come up yay) tried to stick a USB in with the OFW 4.81 from Sony
    It started "Checking" my USB stick.. took ages.. eventually said "Cant find appropriate update files" (I had them all formatted on the USB stick PS3 > UPDATE > PS3UPDAT.PUP)
    Weird I thought... Maybe we'll just go back to all original and start again.. tried to flash the original dump back on..
    Now she will power but not boot to anything.. USB stick wont light up, Controller wont connect, Holding down power button just powers it off.. definitely not even trying to boot to recovery mode at this point.

    Guessing since the original dump was corrupted to begin with (if it was?) I just pulled the trigger against its head.. ?

    I'm confused about one thing though.. if that were the case.. how did I get it to boot with the patched bios PS3Dumpchecker gave me in the first place?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #5508
    muppetforyou
    muppetforyou is offline
    Member muppetforyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    956
    Likes
    19
    Liked 50 Times in 44 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanssound View Post
    yeah...,uh think I bricked it.

    I had it in Recovery mode (finally got that to come up yay) tried to stick a USB in with the OFW 4.81 from Sony
    It started "Checking" my USB stick.. took ages.. eventually said "Cant find appropriate update files" (I had them all formatted on the USB stick PS3 > UPDATE > PS3UPDAT.PUP)
    Weird I thought... Maybe we'll just go back to all original and start again.. tried to flash the original dump back on..
    Now she will power but not boot to anything.. USB stick wont light up, Controller wont connect, Holding down power button just powers it off.. definitely not even trying to boot to recovery mode at this point.

    Guessing since the original dump was corrupted to begin with (if it was?) I just pulled the trigger against its head.. ?

    I'm confused about one thing though.. if that were the case.. how did I get it to boot with the patched bios PS3Dumpchecker gave me in the first place?
    don't ever flash your original unpatched dump back on - you'll just mess up his head - patch it with some noFSM patch and you will get your recovery back - install cfw from there
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  11. #5509
    brendanssound
    brendanssound is offline
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    18
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    yeah tried that and had no joy. The flash that i gave it in the first place (patched by later version of PS3DumpChecker, which worked somehow) in the first place will not work now... it flashes then i turn off the PS3.. Turn it back on.. still get no signal, PS3 is running but nobody's home.

    Tried the latest version of Norpatch to patch my old original dump.. It does it but fails verification (128kb/16333kb)

    It will still flash too.. but with no joy either.. .
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  12. #5510
    muppetforyou
    muppetforyou is offline
    Member muppetforyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    956
    Likes
    19
    Liked 50 Times in 44 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    probably just a messed up job - FSM method should still show positive outcome - you need a jig to use that, read on it
    if you wrote to a chip and you could still see recovery menu then it's not a brick - at least none that I've ever seen, so I believe your dump is fine
    also your GPU might be faulty - happens often enough,,
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 551 of 555 FirstFirst Previous ... 51 451 501 541 549 550 551 552 553 ... Next LastLast

Tags for this Thread

ps3 downgrade, ps3portal.net

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks
  • Submit to Digg Digg
  • Submit to del.icio.us del.icio.us
  • Submit to StumbleUpon StumbleUpon
  • Submit to Google Google

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • BB code is On
  • Smilies are On
  • [IMG] code is On
  • [VIDEO] code is On
  • HTML code is Off