The above video goes away if you are logged in!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Member null
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    32
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    How do I avoid getting banned when playing online?

    First of all I am aware that there is not a 100% ban free method and that there would always be a risk. And I don't wanna stay offline because it kinda misses the whole point. I wanna play online games.
    However I would like to know if you have any tips about how to reduce the chances of getting banned when playing online.
    So far all I found about was Psnpatch.
    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    196
    Likes
    47
    Liked 25 Times in 24 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    ya bro psnpatch is the best thing to use, disables CFW and emulates OFW. Not much else you can do really.

  3. #3
    Member null
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    32
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by quilapayun View Post
    ya bro psnpatch is the best thing to use, disables CFW and emulates OFW. Not much else you can do really.
    Ok, so thats what I'll do.. aside from that not use any homebrews when connected to psn and stay logged out of psn on boots?
    Side note: Not really connected, just if anyone knows. Do I have to update to Habib 4.60 to play online? If so can I just install it over my Rogero 4.55 cfw or do I have to downgrade to 3.55 first?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Tall_King_Crap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    on my pc or ps3
    Posts
    1,016
    Likes
    46
    Liked 246 Times in 195 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden3319 View Post
    Ok, so thats what I'll do.. aside from that not use any homebrews when connected to psn and stay logged out of psn on boots?
    Side note: Not really connected, just if anyone knows. Do I have to update to Habib 4.60 to play online? If so can I just install it over my Rogero 4.55 cfw or do I have to downgrade to 3.55 first?
    Alas - I can't help you on this - truth of the matter is many on here tend to not cross this line as it is kinds taking the pi$$ a bit perhaps
    also there is always the risk of going further and hacking/ruining other legit players games who have paid for game etc....
    (human nature to push boundries or in cfw online - take the pi$$ a bit more)

    True many say if you don't go online with cfw you are in effect banning yourself but to me and others it doesn't quite feel right I guess
    Sadly myself and others have been a victime of absolute hacking ruining our legit original games time and time again but don't mean
    I should just jump in too etc.........

    Please anybody understand I am not judging anybody else about cfw online - it is purely up to owner if they wish to take the chance
    you will probably get banned at some point - there are no guarantees as I'm sure you are aware, I have tried it I admint - on a new psn
    account - for goodness sake don't go online with your old account - coz if that gets banned you will lose everything and if your banned
    account has been on a ps4 you may find - well you work it out.......

    my ps3 and bogus account was banned quite quickly - thankfully didn't use my regular accounts or ps4 id

    So getting your account or ps3 is perhaps not the only thing you risk and sony are getting more and more hot and thorough with their
    checks - you may not not get banned straight away but most likely your ps3/psn account will get flagged to investigate/ban at some time

    Hackers ruining others games - can't elaborate what I really think about this

    Online with cfw I can't help coz I really don't know and even if I did I doubt if I would say this would work for sure then get somebody crying
    that they got banned even though they followed my instructions - truth is there is no 101% way to totally avoid a ban with cfw

    I don't judge people who try their luck online with cfw - well maybe the hackers who ruin it for all others but just letting you know many in here
    think it is perhaps crossing a line of integrity or taking the pi$$ a little and ALL risks are down to user and just pointing that out
    plus the spoofs and tricks work for a while and a new version may be required - coz the old ones are not working 101% no more next time psn
    has some maitenence etc.......

    wish you best of luck - no judgement intended just honestly pointing out the risks

  5. #5
    Persian McLovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,250
    Likes
    993
    Liked 744 Times in 417 Posts
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Follow the above advice and you should be fine but remember nothing is 100% safe, Sony have their ways...

  6. The Following User Likes This Post:


  7. #6
    Member null
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    32
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall_King_Crap View Post
    Alas - I can't help you on this - truth of the matter is many on here tend to not cross this line as it is kinds taking the pi$$ a bit perhaps
    also there is always the risk of going further and hacking/ruining other legit players games who have paid for game etc....
    (human nature to push boundries or in cfw online - take the pi$$ a bit more)

    True many say if you don't go online with cfw you are in effect banning yourself but to me and others it doesn't quite feel right I guess
    Sadly myself and others have been a victime of absolute hacking ruining our legit original games time and time again but don't mean
    I should just jump in too etc.........

    Please anybody understand I am not judging anybody else about cfw online - it is purely up to owner if they wish to take the chance
    you will probably get banned at some point - there are no guarantees as I'm sure you are aware, I have tried it I admint - on a new psn
    account - for goodness sake don't go online with your old account - coz if that gets banned you will lose everything and if your banned
    account has been on a ps4 you may find - well you work it out.......

    my ps3 and bogus account was banned quite quickly - thankfully didn't use my regular accounts or ps4 id

    So getting your account or ps3 is perhaps not the only thing you risk and sony are getting more and more hot and thorough with their
    checks - you may not not get banned straight away but most likely your ps3/psn account will get flagged to investigate/ban at some time

    Hackers ruining others games - can't elaborate what I really think about this

    Online with cfw I can't help coz I really don't know and even if I did I doubt if I would say this would work for sure then get somebody crying
    that they got banned even though they followed my instructions - truth is there is no 101% way to totally avoid a ban with cfw

    I don't judge people who try their luck online with cfw - well maybe the hackers who ruin it for all others but just letting you know many in here
    think it is perhaps crossing a line of integrity or taking the pi$$ a little and ALL risks are down to user and just pointing that out
    plus the spoofs and tricks work for a while and a new version may be required - coz the old ones are not working 101% no more next time psn
    has some maitenence etc.......

    wish you best of luck - no judgement intended just honestly pointing out the risks
    I really have no intent to use hacks, just playing the games online like other players. All things aside, I saw users who said they have been able to play online for over a year not even using spoofers (which I'm not quite sure what they are). It all comes down to luck, you might get unlucky and get banned on your first day. But hopefully if you take precautions like I am trying to, you can minimize your chance to get caught by a lot. And if that means I have to buy a CID and open a new PSN every year and a half than I think I'm up for that. Besides, if you get your console banned you can still play offline games can't you? And to upgrade to 4.60 do I need to downgrade first? Or can I just install it ontop of my Rogero 4.55?

  8. #7
    Senior Member Tall_King_Crap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    on my pc or ps3
    Posts
    1,016
    Likes
    46
    Liked 246 Times in 195 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Like I said - not going online with cfw is in effect banning it yourself......

    if you choose for whatever possible reason to go back to ofw and go online thne it is advised:
    go back to 3.55ofw - reformat hdd in pc as ntfs - twice to ensure no cfw/homebrew traces
    (this may sound paranoid but seen this said a few times about wiping hdd in pc)

    But more and more people "seem" to be getting banned since around 4.55 came along I think

    I'm not judging anybody but was pointing out possible risks if your psn account is used/on ps3
    plus any money in account may be lost if it is banned by sony and risk of ps4 problems if linked

    online cfw is not a bad thing - most legit players wouldn't really care less when you play online
    or they wouldn't really know is more to point - but there is a possible temptation to maybe try some
    hacks or cheats "just for a laugh" which to run hacked accounts - you can buy these already for COD etc....

    all of a sudden it starts to get silly with people pi$$ing off others, reports and crap but they may not get banned
    if spoofing etc... but it is drawing attention and pi$$ing off others fun etc....
    and their luck will run out - plus the fact the ps3 online is being destroyed by hackers who don't realise the impact
    trust me - the ps4 will not be hacked so easily or quickly and so by ruining legit ps3 online players fun, they are in
    effect ending the ps3's online life much quicker as eveybody upgrades to ps4 and pays for psn.......

    Sony don't care too much coz more money in bank for them - so the only people that lose out are the legit players
    and hackers - well they will slowly realise but will be too late by then and I very very much doubt if ps4 will be as
    unlocked as the ps3 has been

    I am not judging anybody - you may probably be ok for a while at least - but just fully pointing out the risks
    most of these you probably know anyway and enjoy yourself by all means but try not to spoil anybody else's
    fun and enjoyment too much if possible - but it is up to everybody how they play the games

    even if it gets banned it still plays fine - some have E3 fitted to dual boot and go online with originals
    some buy a 300x to continue online in a legit form - others take their chances - no biggy but hopefully
    not too much ruining others fun

    Peace to all gamers - and ignore my boring views - you are all free to make your own minds up

  9. #8
    Member null
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    32
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall_King_Crap View Post
    Like I said - not going online with cfw is in effect banning it yourself......

    if you choose for whatever possible reason to go back to ofw and go online thne it is advised:
    go back to 3.55ofw - reformat hdd in pc as ntfs - twice to ensure no cfw/homebrew traces
    (this may sound paranoid but seen this said a few times about wiping hdd in pc)

    But more and more people "seem" to be getting banned since around 4.55 came along I think

    I'm not judging anybody but was pointing out possible risks if your psn account is used/on ps3
    plus any money in account may be lost if it is banned by sony and risk of ps4 problems if linked

    online cfw is not a bad thing - most legit players wouldn't really care less when you play online
    or they wouldn't really know is more to point - but there is a possible temptation to maybe try some
    hacks or cheats "just for a laugh" which to run hacked accounts - you can buy these already for COD etc....

    all of a sudden it starts to get silly with people pi$$ing off others, reports and crap but they may not get banned
    if spoofing etc... but it is drawing attention and pi$$ing off others fun etc....
    and their luck will run out - plus the fact the ps3 online is being destroyed by hackers who don't realise the impact
    trust me - the ps4 will not be hacked so easily or quickly and so by ruining legit ps3 online players fun, they are in
    effect ending the ps3's online life much quicker as eveybody upgrades to ps4 and pays for psn.......

    Sony don't care too much coz more money in bank for them - so the only people that lose out are the legit players
    and hackers - well they will slowly realise but will be too late by then and I very very much doubt if ps4 will be as
    unlocked as the ps3 has been

    I am not judging anybody - you may probably be ok for a while at least - but just fully pointing out the risks
    most of these you probably know anyway and enjoy yourself by all means but try not to spoil anybody else's
    fun and enjoyment too much if possible - but it is up to everybody how they play the games

    even if it gets banned it still plays fine - some have E3 fitted to dual boot and go online with originals
    some buy a 300x to continue online in a legit form - others take their chances - no biggy but hopefully
    not too much ruining others fun

    Peace to all gamers - and ignore my boring views - you are all free to make your own minds up
    Let me assure you, I will never use hacks on multiplayer games and I never have (on pc). You have my word on that. I don't want to go on OFW because I have no original games worth playing nor do I have any games on my psn account. However, I've read your warnings and I'm considering a different tactic on this. I saw a few sites giving CIDs and PSIDs that usually expire within hours, but I don't care changing them every time I go in multiplayer. So what I've been thinking is that maybe I will put my original CID and PSID in a safe place and backed up and use this method for a while with an irrelevant psn account. What do you say?
    At any rate, I just wanted to know, and sorry for asking it so many times, but, can I install Habib 4.60 ontop of Rogero 4.55 and do you recommend Habib 4.60? I mean, is it stable enough?

  10. #9
    (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ԀᴚƎ◖ Cheesethief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,103
    Likes
    935
    Liked 1,650 Times in 951 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall_King_Crap View Post
    Like I said - not going online with cfw is in effect banning it yourself......
    I'd rather have my console retain resale value and keep my main account not banned. Perhaps I am banning myself, but I find online boring anyway.

    Sent from my Nexus 4

  11. The Following User Likes This Post:


  12. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    196
    Likes
    47
    Liked 25 Times in 24 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Also, if anyone knows if our firmware version is sent to sony's servers?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks
  • Submit to Digg Digg
  • Submit to del.icio.us del.icio.us
  • Submit to StumbleUpon StumbleUpon
  • Submit to Google Google

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •