The above video goes away if you are logged in!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    55
    Likes
    17
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Error 8002f313, stuck @ 99% intalling firmware

    Hi all!

    I got a PS3 from a guy I know which he tried do downgrade without success. He also sent me a good (at least it seems to be) backup. If I either patch for 4.60 noFSM or reflash the original dump it gets stuck @ 99% installing new firmware and trows out error code 8002f313 after a while.
    If I patch for 3.55 FSM it never displays the "connect controller" screen, but turns off to standby again. Much like the old NANDs do. I can get in and out of FSM but it does not install any firmware while in FSM, UPDATER.LOG is empty.

    I have tried 4 different HDDs, another PSU, another bluray drive and another power switch board.

    He tried to downgrade from 4.60 with E3's e3_downgrade.bin. Never used that myself, so I have no experience with what it does..

    Anyone fixed this issue before?

  2. #2
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,459
    Likes
    2,369
    Liked 3,601 Times in 2,483 Posts
    Mentioned
    1605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Downloads
    47
    Uploads
    0
    Code:
    Update error 	0x8002F313 	Error with installing Firmware update. Shows up in Service Mode log as 'Update Core OS Package done(0x8002f313)' possible caused by bad ROS
    When you say "at least it seems to be", what does that mean? What have you done to validate it?

    I have seen sometimes an error in ROS, that patching did not fix. So had to fix manually with HxD. Not sure if that is the problem, but worth taking a look at.

    I can take a look at the dump if you want? (Don't post it here, but in PM would be good)

    It could also be a faulty reset signal. But changing the PSU should of took care of that.

    What is the model #?
    HOW TO DOWNGRADE W/E3 FLASHER TO ANY OFW/CFW
    Nor model PS3 downgrade service in U.S.A. if you don't want to do it yourself
    For downgrade help join irc at effnet-Just enter name and channel is #ps3downgrade

  3. The Following User Likes This Post:


  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    55
    Likes
    17
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by playerkp420 View Post
    Code:
    Update error 	0x8002F313 	Error with installing Firmware update. Shows up in Service Mode log as 'Update Core OS Package done(0x8002f313)' possible caused by bad ROS
    When you say "at least it seems to be", what does that mean? What have you done to validate it?

    I have seen sometimes an error in ROS, that patching did not fix. So had to fix manually with HxD. Not sure if that is the problem, but worth taking a look at.

    I can take a look at the dump if you want? (Don't post it here, but in PM would be good)

    It could also be a faulty reset signal. But changing the PSU should of took care of that.

    What is the model #?
    BwE NOR validator, Mysis NorInspector and Rogero's Flash Tools sya's it's OK.

    Yes I would appreciate that, thank you! I'll PM you the original dump.

    It's a 2004A / DYN-001

    Forgot to mention that I have also tried leaving the 3v battery disconnected for several hours and soldered in a brand new NOR tsop. Still the same..

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    55
    Likes
    17
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Just a small update, tried the 3.55 patched bin again and now I get the "please connect the controller.." screen but updater_log is still empty..

  6. #5
    Senior Member xanadu247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto CANADA
    Posts
    1,045
    Likes
    138
    Liked 197 Times in 149 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    14
    Uploads
    0
    Update error 0x8002F313 Error with installing Firmware update. Shows up in Service Mode log as 'Update Core OS Package done(0x8002f313)' possible caused by bad ROS

    Patch ros areas with valid data.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GUIDE to extracting a valid dump from a BROKEN NOR CHIPhttp://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php...969#post781969 ..//.. GUIDE to self powering Teensy2.0++ /360clip NOR http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php...391#post803391

  7. The Following User Likes This Post:


  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    55
    Likes
    17
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu247 View Post
    Update error 0x8002F313 Error with installing Firmware update. Shows up in Service Mode log as 'Update Core OS Package done(0x8002f313)' possible caused by bad ROS

    Patch ros areas with valid data.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, thanks for the information! So, should I patch both ros 0 and 1 with 4.60 data? Since 3.55 does not work..

  9. #7
    Senior Member xanadu247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto CANADA
    Posts
    1,045
    Likes
    138
    Liked 197 Times in 149 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    14
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spett View Post
    Ok, thanks for the information! So, should I patch both ros 0 and 1 with 4.60 data? Since 3.55 does not work..
    No. You have to fix your ros areas before you patch it. Apply original ros info from a known working ofw you had to the original dump. Then patch it to 355 or nofsm method



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GUIDE to extracting a valid dump from a BROKEN NOR CHIPhttp://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php...969#post781969 ..//.. GUIDE to self powering Teensy2.0++ /360clip NOR http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php...391#post803391

  10. #8
    Senior Member sdw100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    1,087
    Likes
    184
    Liked 215 Times in 155 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    @playerkp420 allready stated this to u u ahould be thanking him but i guess u disnt read the cose tab
    i own 2003a dualbooting 4.65/rebug 4.53.1
    i own 2503b rebug4.46.1😃
    i own 2105b [0b] untoched OFW 4.65

  11. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    55
    Likes
    17
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sdw100 View Post
    @playerkp420 allready stated this to u u ahould be thanking him but i guess u disnt read the cose tab
    Well, I did say thanks to him but I guess I forgot to push the thanks button... I do hope everyone knows I appreciate every information about this error. @playerkp420 was kind enough to offer to check the dump for me. I'm waiting for a reply from him now. Tried checking ros areas myself against a known good patched dump but I couldn't find any errors...
    Last edited by spett; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:41 AM.

  12. #10
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,459
    Likes
    2,369
    Liked 3,601 Times in 2,483 Posts
    Mentioned
    1605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Downloads
    47
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spett View Post
    Well, I did say thanks to him but I guess I forgot to push the thanks button... I do hope everyone knows I appreciate every information about this error. @playerkp420 was kind enough to offer to check the dump for me. I'm waiting for a reply from him now. Tried checking ros areas myself against a known good patched dump but I couldn't find any errors...
    Yes, your dump is valid.

    Are there any of the tiny resistor things missing from around the NOR chip?

    HOW TO DOWNGRADE W/E3 FLASHER TO ANY OFW/CFW
    Nor model PS3 downgrade service in U.S.A. if you don't want to do it yourself
    For downgrade help join irc at effnet-Just enter name and channel is #ps3downgrade

  13. The Following User Likes This Post:


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks
  • Submit to Digg Digg
  • Submit to del.icio.us del.icio.us
  • Submit to StumbleUpon StumbleUpon
  • Submit to Google Google

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •