Im sure a few of you know that i created a competition a few days ago, the competition was to create a Cold Boot for the PS3 and win a prize, some of you may have found the process quite awkward, or didnt know where to start, so here is a tutorial created by Holmesinfive:
Posted by GregoryRasputin , on 13/03/2012 , @ 06:08pm
Posted by GregoryRasputin , on 25/02/2012 , @ 11:38am
Well its been a while since i last held a competition, so i thought id start my first one of 2012, which should be fun for all of you that decide to participate. You will have a chance to win $50 PSN card or for those of you on CFW a chance to have $50 credited to your PayPal account, now onto what you have to do.
To have a chance of winning:
- Be a member of the forum.
- Create a custom colour PS3 Cold Boot, it can be still image or animated, as long as it is Colour.
- The Cold Boot MUST be your own work.(If work is found to be someone else, immediate disqualification)
- The Cold Boot MUST come with a preview image.(If a preview is not posted, then the Cold Boot cannot be judged)
- The Cold Boot must not be the same as someone elses, this is one of the reasons previews are a must, if you see an earlier Cold Boot that is the same as yours, then create a new one.
- If you have created a custom Colour Cold Boot in the past four weeks, then you are eligible to enter.
- Adding a sound that accompanies your ColdBoot may help you get more likes, also adding a video showcasing your finished product may also help
- The Rules are 100% clear, any post on this thread which asks a stupid question, or does not have a Cold Boot in the post, will be deleted.
- I will be adding my on created ColdBoots, but i am auto disqualified, so like away
- Finally, EVERYONE can enter, Moderators, Admins, TizzyT, Homebrew Developers etc, as long as you have followed the above rules
Here is a sample of a preview image: The above Cold Boot is the work of CrystalWolf and can be downloaded here.
What Software Do I Need To Create A Cold Boot:
For those of you that may be struggling or not understand what to do, then join IRC and speak to TizzyT, you can find us on irc.ps3sanctuary.com.
Or view this video by Holmesinfive
The competition will run from now until the 31st of March, with the Winner being announced on Pirates birthday(1st April) So you have plenty of time and chance to win, anyone can enter as long as the work is yours.
The winner will be selected using by the amount of likes the Cold Boot receives, note that if you enter multiple Cold Boots, you will not win if all your Cold Boots likes combine to the highest, it is the single post/Cold Boot with the highest that will win.
Ok guys, i have moved all the posts with no ColdBoots in them to this thread:
Anyone that needs help, go to that thread, any posts not containing a ColdBoot, will automatically be moved to that thread.