Welcome to PS3Hax, your official PS3 hacks, PS3 Homebrew, and PS3 Downloads scene. Check back daily to keep up with the latest PS3 Hacks and drop by our forums for more PS3 Hacks discussions.
Posted by PS3Hax Member News
, on 09/07/2011
The FBAnext emulator for the PS3 has been updated once again. Thanks to subcon 959 for releasing a compiled package of the latest revision. The emu runs faster now and the ingame menu has been improved (more options).
Changes since r470:
- No more seperate sound class to go through – AudioInterface for PS3 now implements audio_check, audio_init, audio_constructor, audio_destructor and on in its member functions (static functions).
- Main emulation loop improvements – audio function is now a straight call to audio_check instead of first going through the audio interface class (audio.check) – put the ‘case EMULATING:’ block inside a do-while loop – not only is this faster (because we don’t have to go through the whole switch again to see if GameStatus == EMULATING is true – but it will also allow us to do frame advance from within the ingame menu.
- Implemented frame advance in ingame menu – press either the CROSS button or press and hold R2 at your leisure to frame advance.
- Shaders can now be switched from the ingame menu – press left or right on D-pad or analog stick to switch between shaders, and load the shader by pressing the CROSS button.
- Bugfix – when a shader was loaded – only the fragment program was loaded – and the vertex program from the previous shader would remain active. Now both vertex and fragment programs get updated with the ones from the shader being loaded.
- Aspect ratio revamp of code – the following aspect ratios are now possible – 4:3, 5:4, 7:5, 8:7, 12:7, 16:9, 16:10, 16:15, 1:1, 2:1, 3:2, and Custom (Resized) aspect ratio mode. Custom resize aspect ratio mode is the previously existing resized mode – you can also switch to this resized mode in case you have selected another aspect ratio from the ingame menu by going to ‘Screen Resize’ and then exiting again.
- You can change the aspect ratio now from the ingame menu.
- Changed audiosample rate from 48050 to 48030 – the closest we can bring this to 48000 without audio crackles – the more we will ensure video will be blocking – giving us better video performance.
- Set audio samplerate from 48030 to 48020 – still no audio crackles
- Cleaned up PSGL video driver – cut down on code duplication, made a lot of the OpenGL namespace static functions into macros (so they can be inserted straight
into vid_psgl.cpp – where they are needed) – moved the static variables from vid_psgl.h to vid_psgl.cpp
- Removed broken shader 2xSaL-HD.cg
- Added Jararaca’s experimental retro shader
- Cleaned up PSGL video driver code
- Added some more aspect ratios from actual arcade games
- Added dot.cg shader
- Bilinear filtering can be turned on/off from the ingame menu
- Added rotation options to ingame menu.
- Changed audio samplerate from 48020 to 48010.
- Commented out VidSScaleImage in all of the rendering functions – is no longer needed
- Auto-aspect ratio modes – select this aspect ratio to automatically determine the correct aspect ratio for the
game you’re loading and then automatically use it. There are two automatic aspect ratio modes – ‘Auto’ and ‘Auto FBA’ – ‘Auto’ does some calculations to arrive at the correct aspect ratio while ‘Auto FBA’ uses FBA’s built-in aspect ratio settings for each game.
- Cleaned up PSGL video driver
- Some video optimizations to do with three nested for loops
- CPS3 – Palette change was only being done when loading/saving a state – putting this inside the Draw Frame function was unnecessary when cps3_palette_change was only set to 1 once in cps3Scan – so moved the color palette changing to cps3Scan and out of the main frame function. Tested on both 360 and PS3 – nothing is affected
- Speed improvements to burn.cpp and burnint.h – static functions which are
only used once in one function inserted straight in – in particular, biggest
improvement came from turning DrvClearOpposites into a macro. Button input is now
blisteringly fast – tested on both PS3 and 360.
Download FBAnext PS3 r486
FBAnext Code Repository