Posted by GregoryRasputin
, on 06/03/2012
Before when one wanted to remarry their BD Drive, they needed to downgrade their console to 3.50, but thankfully due to an awesome anonymous person/persons, this can now be accomplished on firmware 3.55, here is a quote from the source:
Remarry guide for 3.55 firmware
1. Have the console on a working 3.55 firmware
2. Download the Remarry files (remarry-3.55.rar) and unpack to root of USM Mass Storage device. The following line is already changed from 1 to 0:
# Install Systemsoftware
# 0 = ���s���Ȃ�
# 1 = ���s����
This will make sure the drive init PUP is not installed, thus preventing RLOD because of syscon hashes on downgraded consoles.
3. Download official firmware <=3.30 as drive init PUP and put it root of USB Mass Storage device
Content of USB Mass Storage device should be thus be:
4. Put the service mode JIG/dongle/PSGrade into port 0 (closest to the reader) and get into factory service mode.
5. Put the created USB Mass Storage device from step 3 into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.
Drive Init Executing means it is starting the remarry process
Drive Init Failed with big pink letters ‘NG’ (No Good!) means the process failed. Most likely solved by fixing the communication issue with the drive.
6. After you run the initial remarry process, do not take it out of factory service mode.
7. Put a BD movie disc in and run it on the PS3. (This restores your DRL files!)
8. Then you can take it out of factory service mode.
9. Launch as normal.
Source and files
Remember, that all and everything related to the PS3 can be found at:
Thanks euss for the tip
- Small error fixed, FDM is resigned proper now for all versions (3.15, 3.50, 3.55)
^previous posted question, answered:
- Yes, PUP files are international, nothing PAL/Euro or NTSC/USA about them
- For Bluray playback prohibited errors, you can use
+ Remarry, or the
For the latter you dont need the exact last played disc, just the highest keyversion that was used.
- In some rare cases enabling QA-extra solves dive init issues.