Updates follow below. Alright Ladies and Gentlemen Fresh from Gitbrew we have a QA flagging tool in the form of a .pkg. This .pkg was coded by Glevand.
What we have tested on so far
- Run qa_flag.pkg if you hear a beep, it worked. If not dump your debug messages via udp_printf on linux and send to us to fix.
- go to network settings (Do not enter it) and hit or hold
- L1+L2+L3+R1+R2+down on the d-pad
QA flagging is now done.
Thanks Gitbrew and Glevand!! Also folks remember If it didn’t work, dump your debug messages via udp_printf on linux and send to us to fix.
And a CFW/Other OS PUP (aka CFW/firmware) arrives, which is confirmed to be working with QA Flag, to quote:
Confirmed working with QA Auto Flag. Flash, Run, Reflash to your CFWs (kmeaw, waninkoko etc etc) adding support soon!
Stay tuned to PS3Hax.net for your fastest PS3 scene updates!
More details and questions answered have been posted by Gitbrew over at their wiki. First off, for newbs, this is not useful yet so don’t bother QA flagging the PS3 unless you have some experience – this is mainly for DEVs at this stage. It does not do anything useful that Kmeaw or Rebug CFW don’t currently do (and backed up games don’t work yet).
Second those who wish to QA Flag your PS3, you have to have THIS CFW installed. The other Kmeaw/Rebug/geohot/waninkoko do NOT work yet. You can install the QA Flag CFW, then flash back to any other CFW without loosing the QA flag features.
Mini Tutorial on how to QA Flag your PS3:
1. Download this. (Also qa_extra_flag.pkg for advanced devs ONLY)
2. Run qa_flag.pkg if you hear a beep, it worked. If not dump your debug messages via udp_printf_client on linux and send it to us.
3. Reboot the ps3
4. Go to network settings (Do not enter it) and hit or hold
5. L1+L2+L3+R1+R2+down on the dpad
Your PS3 is now QA Flagged.
Mini Tutorial on how to REMOVE QA Flag from your PS3:
1. Download this PKG.
2. Run reset_qa_flag.pkg , If you hear a beep it worked. If not dump your debug messages via udp_printf_client in linux and send it to us.
3. Reboot the ps3
4. QA Flag is now set to default (Off) Your PS3 is now normal again.
Also and 2 pretty important Tweets by Gitbrew that you should read
Currently 3.56 and above can not be flagged. We don’t have the 3.56+ keys to do so.
3.55 Downgrade to older firmwares, Now confirmed possible. Howto soon, QA flagging needed.